First Dennemeyer Evening lecture in Munich on SEPs and FRAND enforcement in China
Published on: 10 October 2016
The first Dennemeyer evening lecture with the provocative title “Protectionism? And for whom? SEPs and FRAND enforcement in China” was held on October 6th in the group’s Munich office. It focused on the key enforcement activities of competition law in China, with a focus on Standard Essential Patents (SEPs). The lecture was held by Ms. Yuan Li, a student at Munich Intellectual Property Law Center (MIPLC), who gained work experience in the patent area at Siemens, the Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology and Goldwind Co., Ltd. She holds an M.Sc. in IP Management from the Huazhong University of Science & Technology in 2013. In her presentation she outlined that businesses active in industries in which intellectual property rights play an important role - especially where SEPs are involved - should expect close scrutiny from Chinese agencies as they continue to develop in this complex area.
The lecture also focused on:
- Compulsory license
- Using injunctive relief
- Determining FRAND royalty rates
- License bundling
You can download the presentation here. The lecture was followed by an excited discussion among the roughly 30 attendees – as well as by cool drinks. Further complementary evening lectures will follow and be announced at www.dennemeyer.com
For further question, please contact: email@example.com
- INTA 2017 - Dennemeyer's Sailing Regatta
- Dennemeyer presents new brand at INTA 2017 in Barcelona
- The End of Plagiarism - Study "The future of Intellectual Property"
- Nice Classification news from Canada
- Dennemeyer & Associates is “IP Due Diligence Law Firm of the Year in Germany”
- Dennemeyer's Chicago office moves to a new location as of May 1
- IP & Data Protection: What do you need to know about the GDPR?
- Dennemeyer supporting young talent and innovation
- “Gold standard” kills “Essentiality test”
- Patent strategies for the Asean region
- Foundation for building a valuable business
- Dennemeyer & Associates Brazil is "IP Law Firm of the Year 2016" in Latin America