Cary Levitt: New speaking engagements
Published on: 20 August 2015
Since joining the U.S. office as COO, Cary Levitt has been invited to participate in multiple industry events. Mr. Levitt will be speaking at two upcoming conferences: World IP Forum in Bangkok, and IP Strategy Innovation Summit in Boston. He will also be moderating a panel on the evolving market of patent monetization on at the Chief IP Counsel Exchange in Dallas, Texas.
Having been a trusted advisor at a law firm, an in-house counsel, and now at an IP services provider, Mr. Levitt will share his unique industry perspective, as well as specific best practices. “I'm always excited for the opportunity to share my industry knowledge and also learn what other practitioners are doing,” says Cary Levitt. “The IP industry is dynamic and continuing to draw new boundaries related to the production of novel intellectual property and ensuring adequate returns on investment.”
The World IP Forum will take place September 15-17 in Bangkok, Thailand; the theme is "IP as a commercial tool in Designing the Future". Mr. Levitt will lead a panel focused on Standard Essential Patents (SEPs). The main issues concerning the exercise of SEP rights include:
- Holding-up vs. Holding-out of the patents
- Patent rights transfer and the efficacy of FRAND declarations
- Asymmetry between patent rights holder and implementer
The IP Strategy Innovation Summit will take place on October 28-29 in Boston, MA, US; the theme is "Enabling Sustained Capability." Mr. Levitt will speak on the changes in in-house IP legal departments. One key area of change has been with IP service provider solutions. This presentation will uncover the top 10 standards you should use to benchmark your IP services providers.
At the Chief IP Counsel Exchange on September 27 in Dallas, Texas, Mr. Levitt will be the moderator for the conference’s opening panel discussion titled “The Evolving Landscape in IP Monetization: Innovation will not be Postponed.” The panel will have a candid discussion on the evolving landscape of IP valuation and monetization.
- INTA 2017 - Dennemeyer's Sailing Regatta
- Dennemeyer presents new brand at INTA 2017 in Barcelona
- The End of Plagiarism - Study "The future of Intellectual Property"
- Nice Classification news from Canada
- Dennemeyer & Associates is “IP Due Diligence Law Firm of the Year in Germany”
- Dennemeyer's Chicago office moves to a new location as of May 1
- IP & Data Protection: What do you need to know about the GDPR?
- Dennemeyer supporting young talent and innovation
- “Gold standard” kills “Essentiality test”
- Patent strategies for the Asean region
- Foundation for building a valuable business
- Dennemeyer & Associates Brazil is "IP Law Firm of the Year 2016" in Latin America