New patent attorney consolidates Frankfurt team
Published on: 14 November 2014
Dennemeyer is pleased to announce that Mr. Marco Smit has recently joined our team of practitioners in Frankfurt. He will focus on handling patent prosecution work and advising clients in respect to our new Monetization Service. As a Dutch Patent Attorney, he will also be providing support in relation to Dutch patent cases or Dutch customers, enabling Dennemeyer to handle more cases in-house.
Marco holds a Master of Science degree from the Eindhoven Technical University, where he studied Applied Physics with a focus on solid state physics. Additionally, he earned a Master’s degree in Business Administration.
After his University studies, Marco worked for over five years at KPN, the Dutch incumbent telecom provider, first as a researcher, then as a project manager and business consultant. During the next five years he worked in the field of Sustainable Development.
In 2009, he decided to return to the forefront of technology and started the training program to become a patent attorney. In 2011, he became a qualified Dutch patent attorney and in 2013 he became a qualified European Patent Attorney. Before joining Dennemeyer, he worked at two well-established IP law firms in The Netherlands, where he handled patent drafting and prosecution and managed communication with foreign agents. He advised many companies and inventors about protecting their inventions in countries all around the world. His areas of expertise include lithography, mechanics, optics, software and telecommunication.
Dr. Robert Fichter, Director of Dennemeyer & Associates, noted “With his Dutch background and business experience in the international context, Marco brings an infusion of expertise to our firm, whose mission is to be able to offer direct support to clients in an increasing number of jurisdictions. He is a valuable addition to our firm and we welcome him to the team!“.
Marco is fluent in Dutch and English, speaks German and has basic knowledge of French and Spanish. For any inquiries, please contact Marco at email@example.com or +49 69 695960-0.
- INTA 2017 - Dennemeyer's Sailing Regatta
- Dennemeyer presents new brand at INTA 2017 in Barcelona
- The End of Plagiarism - Study "The future of Intellectual Property"
- Nice Classification news from Canada
- Dennemeyer & Associates is “IP Due Diligence Law Firm of the Year in Germany”
- Dennemeyer's Chicago office moves to a new location as of May 1
- IP & Data Protection: What do you need to know about the GDPR?
- Dennemeyer supporting young talent and innovation
- “Gold standard” kills “Essentiality test”
- Patent strategies for the Asean region
- Foundation for building a valuable business
- Dennemeyer & Associates Brazil is "IP Law Firm of the Year 2016" in Latin America