Warning: Fraudulent e-mail messages
Published on: 04 December 2015
We wish to inform you that recently we saw a sharp increase of fraudulent messages posing as coming from Dennemeyer, requesting information or wire transfer of certain amounts to third-party bank accounts.
While the message, sender and e-mail signature may look identical to legitimate communication you received previously from us, the actual reply-to address does not belong to the sender. Additionally, there might be spelling mistakes in addresses (such as denemeyer or dennemeyerr).
Unfortunately this is not an isolated issue in corporate communications, however it is the first time we have been affected by it. More information about such scams, and ways to counteract them can be found under:
- Symantec: Scammers pose as company execs in wire transfer spam campaign
- Deloitte: Fraud warning: increase in “Fake President” frauds
As far as our communications are concerned, we ask you to call your Dennemeyer contact immediately in case of any suspicion. Please do not reply to any illegitimate questionable e-mail as this will directly aid the cybercriminals’ activity.
We are doing everything we can to stop these fraudulent e-mails, however there is no technical way to overcome this issue. We trust your vigilance.
E-mail fraud is a serious issue that affects a large number of corporations. In order to avoid being a target of cybercrime, please take all the necessary actions to secure your IT infrastructure.
- INTA 2017 - Dennemeyer's Sailing Regatta
- Dennemeyer presents new brand at INTA 2017 in Barcelona
- The End of Plagiarism - Study "The future of Intellectual Property"
- Nice Classification news from Canada
- Dennemeyer & Associates is “IP Due Diligence Law Firm of the Year in Germany”
- Dennemeyer's Chicago office moves to a new location as of May 1
- IP & Data Protection: What do you need to know about the GDPR?
- Dennemeyer supporting young talent and innovation
- “Gold standard” kills “Essentiality test”
- Patent strategies for the Asean region
- Foundation for building a valuable business
- Dennemeyer & Associates Brazil is "IP Law Firm of the Year 2016" in Latin America