Trademark registration resumed in South Sudan
Published on: 23 September 2014
by Mr. Jan Wrede, Attorney-at-Law at Dennemeyer & Associates, Dubai
South Sudan’s Ministry of Justice has finally resumed registration of trademarks under the former Sudanese Trademark Act of 1969, although with some modifications, which should guarantee an expedite registration process especially for famous marks. Under the Act, a trademark may be registered according to the following steps:
- Filing an application with the Ministry of Justice.
- Formal examination.
- Publication in the Official Gazette.
- Facing any opposition, to be filed within 30 days.
- Issuance of the registration certificate for 10 years from the application date.
- Power of Attorney, signed and sealed (no legalization).
- Copy of the applicant's Memorandum of Association / Certificate of Incorporation.
- Letter on the letterhead addressed to the Minister of Justice, requesting reservation and registration of the trademark (signed and sealed).
- Full name and address of the applicant.
- Description of the goods or services (based on Nice Classification).
- Clear prints of the trademark.
The total official fees for reservation and registration of a trademark in one class are approximately US$ 120.
If you have any questions or need any clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Dennemeyer & Associates Luxembourg
Phone: +352 276115-100
Dennemeyer & Associates UAE
Phone: +971 (0) 4430 3943
- INTA 2017 - Dennemeyer's Sailing Regatta
- Dennemeyer presents new brand at INTA 2017 in Barcelona
- The End of Plagiarism - Study "The future of Intellectual Property"
- Nice Classification news from Canada
- Dennemeyer & Associates is “IP Due Diligence Law Firm of the Year in Germany”
- Dennemeyer's Chicago office moves to a new location as of May 1
- IP & Data Protection: What do you need to know about the GDPR?
- Dennemeyer supporting young talent and innovation
- “Gold standard” kills “Essentiality test”
- Patent strategies for the Asean region
- Foundation for building a valuable business
- Dennemeyer & Associates Brazil is "IP Law Firm of the Year 2016" in Latin America