European Patent Validation
You have successfully gone through the prosecution and grant stage for your European patent (EP), but you still have a final stage to complete: national validation. Despite efforts to reduce the burden on applicants to provide translations into several European languages, in many contracting states an EP will still come into force only when validated.
The validation requirements generally must be met within a three month period from the European grant date. Typically, the process involves submission of powers of attorneys, filing translations of the patent specification and claims in national languages, payment of official fees and handling any related documentation according to the local particularities of each country law.
Supervision by a dedicated patent attorney
Throughout the entire process, a single Dennemeyer patent attorney will supervise your EP validation from start to finish, ensuring uniform quality, responsiveness, and ability to react on short notice instructions. With Dennemeyer, you will benefit from competitive fees due to our longstanding, stable agent network along with direct validation in a number of contracting states to the European Patent Convention.
Directly validate in many European countries
Dennemeyer can directly validate European Patents in the following contracting states:
Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Germany, France, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, The Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
Enjoy local expertise and know-how at law firm standards
In other countries, we cooperate with carefully chosen local counsels selected through a thorough process in accordance with our quality management standards. Necessary translations are prepared either directly by the local counsels or by a translation agency instructed by us, depending on considerations with respect to quality and efficiency as well as according to legal requirements.
EP Validation as part of the European Patent Process
- A single patent attorney supervises your case throughout the process
- Uniform quality, responsiveness, and ability to react on short notice instructions
- Competitive fees and a stable agent network through Dennemeyer’s market strength in other areas (annuities, renewals, filing and prosecution)
- ISO 9001 certified and all record keeping and archiving according to law firm standards
- Directly validate European Patents in several contracting states to the European Patent Convention
- Single point of contact during validation stage and beyond (annuity reminders are forwarded centrally to Dennemeyer)
- Integration with other Dennemeyer services improves comfort and security for clients.
Why choose Dennemeyer
Dr. Robert Fichter, Director Dennemeyer & Associates
“The strength of our EP Validation service derives from our ability to provide a cost effective validation process and at the same time ensure high quality at every level involved (translations, payments, record keeping, communication with client) through our local multilingual attorneys who can directly cover many jurisdictions.“