Cary Levitt joins Dennemeyer as U.S. Chief Operating Officer
Published on: 19 June 2015
We are pleased to announce that Cary Levitt has joined as U.S. Chief Operating Officer. Mr. Levitt steers the development and implementation strategies to exploit Dennemeyer’s extensive IP services.
Mr. Levitt’s 30 years of legal experience centers in the corporate sector where he has been at the forefront of intellectual property changes. As Chief Intellectual Property Counsel at Dow Corning Corporation, Mr. Levitt led a global team of more than 25 employees. His team executed the global protection of trademarks and domain names; developed IP strategies; formed strategic alliances and partnerships, including IP licensing; and protected their IP, which included the preparation, prosecution, and enforcement of U.S. and foreign patents relating to Dow Corning’s diverse technologies and markets.
Previous to Dow Corning, Mr. Levitt served as corporate counsel at DuPont. Today, he is a sought-after speaker on a variety of intellectual property topics. “There’s no one more qualified to run our U.S. operations then Cary. He’s one of the nation’s premier intellectual property lawyers with a wealth of industry knowledge,” states Leon Steinberg, Dennemeyer’s Managing Director of North America. “I first heard Cary speak at an AIPLA meeting in 2011 and was immediately impressed with his thoughtful and result-oriented approach.”
According to Mr. Levitt, “This is the perfect opportunity to combine my knowledge of intellectual property with my entrepreneurial interests. Dennemeyer is in a unique position to provide high-quality services with the individualized client attention of a smaller company, but with the resource support of a large international business.”
Recently, Mr. Levitt spoke at the Global Patent Strategy Exchange in Dublin, Ireland on June 10th. His upcoming speaking engagements and other Dennemeyer events can be found at www.dennemeyer.com/events.
- INTA 2017 - Dennemeyer's Sailing Regatta
- Dennemeyer presents new brand at INTA 2017 in Barcelona
- The End of Plagiarism - Study "The future of Intellectual Property"
- Nice Classification news from Canada
- Dennemeyer & Associates is “IP Due Diligence Law Firm of the Year in Germany”
- Dennemeyer's Chicago office moves to a new location as of May 1
- IP & Data Protection: What do you need to know about the GDPR?
- Dennemeyer supporting young talent and innovation
- “Gold standard” kills “Essentiality test”
- Patent strategies for the Asean region
- Foundation for building a valuable business
- Dennemeyer & Associates Brazil is "IP Law Firm of the Year 2016" in Latin America